Skip to content
Mission (6 points)
- Clearly stated organization mission.
- Alignment of the project with the organization’s mission.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission and inclusion of people with disabilities in other core programs.
History (8 points)
- Strong organizational history
- Previous successful Grantee partner
- Relevance of past activities to the current project (serving people with disabilities).
- Significant accomplishments and milestones.
Core Programs (9 points):
- Description of the organization’s core programs.
- Connection between core programs and the proposed project.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the relevant field.
Project Description (15 points):
- Clear and concise explanation of the project goals and objectives.
- Includes activities and strategies to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Explanation of why the organization is well-suited to implement the project.
People with Disabilities in Leadership (15 points):
- Demonstrates the organization’s inclusion of people with disabilities in paid leadership positions.
- Includes examples of individuals in paid leadership roles or advisory positions.
- Emphasis on the organization’s commitment to promoting disability leadership.
Engagement & Knowledge Sharing (15 points):
- Strategy for reaching target audiences and beneficiaries.
- Plan for sharing project results publicly with peers and relevant stakeholders.
- Willingness to participate in Grantee Gatherings to present highlights and lessons learned.
Beneficiaries (6 points):
- Identification of direct and indirect beneficiaries of the project.
- Inclusion of people with disabilities, family members, care teams, etc.
- Consideration of the project’s impact on the identified beneficiaries.
Number of People with Disabilities Served (6 points):
- Reasonable estimate of the total number of people with disabilities that will be served through the project.
- Consideration of the reach, scale, and overall potential impact.
Partners and Collaborators (9 points):
- Identification of organizational partners and potential collaborators.
- Indication of previous collaborations and successful outcomes.
- Confirmation status of partnerships (pending or confirmed).
Profit & Loss Statement and Project Budget (9 points):
- Submission of the most recent Profit & Loss Statement.
- Demonstration of a balanced financial statement.
- Evaluation of the project budget for reasonability and alignment with the proposed activities.
Alignment with Ability Central Priorities (10 points):
- Does this project exemplify in design and potential execution of one of the three funding priorities (Leadership Development, Training Healthcare Professionals, and/or Innovation and Digital Accessibility) for people with communication disabilities.
- Is this something Ability Central sees as scalable, is interested in seeing come to fruition, and would want to disseminate or share widely.